…in the summer time." If you don’t remember that song, well, you are younger than I!
Himself took vacation this week even though we have no plans to go away. We had our usual Monday with Isabella and Tuesday was Himself’s bd. He decided he wanted his dinner to be a gravy (also known as sauce) with meatballs, sausage and hard boiled eggs (his Sicilian grandmother always put eggs in. It tastes like hard boiled eggs with sauce on them. Not my favorite.)
Joining us were his parents, his brother and his brother’s wife. A good time was had by all. I wanted to
with exhaustion. I rolled about six pounds of meatballs!
On Wednesday it was off to my parents’ house and blueberry picking – 17 pounds worth! After lunch, we went for a great walk in wild life preserved land. The shade was delightful and it was great to work up a sweat for a change.
Dad made a delicious meal with scallops and shrimp and pasta before we headed out. You always
get a great meal from my parents.
Thursday we went to a car dealership where we always do business and found out that the used car we purchased less than eight months ago has depreciated in value $8000!
It is a six cylinder and we were looking for a four cylinder. Thank you very much speculators who caused the oil prices to soar. Thank you very much congress for keeping us from being able to drill off shore even though Russia is already drilling off our coast and China is lining up to.
Today our precious Bells is with us again. She is sleeping peacefully and I wish to be doing the same but, alas, the Friday meme is of utmost importance in this neck of the woods. I must live up to my self-imposed obligation, right?
Susan of Friday’s Feast
has been AWOL (absent without leave in military terms) and I hope she is well. We will, once again, substitute www.friday5.org
in its stead:
- Of peace, joy, love, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, humility, and self-control, which are you most lacking? patience, self-control, peace
- Of peace, joy, love, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, humility, and self-control, which are you most blessed with? faithfulness, love
- The Scout Law says that a scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent. Which of these are relative strengths for you? trustworthy, loyal, friendly, courteous (to a fault), thrifty, clean (though not all that neat)
- Which of the elements in the Scout Law are relative weaknesses for you? obedient, cheerful, brave
- If you were to create a list-type law, such as the Scout Law, for your occupation, what might it look like? In everything, treat others as you want to be treated.
I think that was kind of nice. It will be interesting to how we see ourselves as opposed to how others see us. My mom always said that we are, in a sense three people: the person we see ourselves to be, the person others see us as and who we really are. She’s pretty smart, wouldn’t you say?
Aimee, we need news! Let us know how you and your little one are doing! (Kenny, too.)
Sandra, are you happy with the updated photos?
Blessings to all, g